Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Netgen Issue for WSL

More
1 year 11 months ago #4385 by mptino
Netgen Issue for WSL was created by mptino
Hello,

I am using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) with Ubuntu 22.04. I installed ngsolve via pip3 install ngsolve, which works fine when testing in an interactive shell (i.e., import ngsolve has no errors). 

However, when I try to use ngsolve in my own package, I get the error - netgen.libngpy._meshing.NgException: SparseMatrix::InverseMatrix:  UmfpackInverse not available.

Can anyone help with this? I tried it a macOS and this error did not arise... I am wondering if it is a WSL specific error.

Thank you,
Matthew
More
1 year 11 months ago #4386 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic Netgen Issue for WSL
Hi Matthew,

Umfpack as solver is not available on all pip-Packages. Use "inverse=pardiso" instead (or leave this option blank to use the best solver available on the system, either umfpack or pardiso, depending on the distribution).

Best,
Matthias
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds