Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Manual Compile/Install on Anaconda

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4280 by walker_tr9
So I want to compile from source through the anaconda environment.  I went through the instructions for building from source, and ran everything through the anaconda prompt (on Windows).  Everything compiled fine.

But now I need to add ngsolve (and whatever else) somehow so that I can run netgen from the anaconda prompt, and so Anaconda's python can find ngsolve.  I found something about "conda-develop" which is supposed to be able to do this.  But I don't know what to add.  Any suggestions?

The reason I want to do this is so I can use the most recent (nightly) version.  Should I just use the PIP installer?  It says it also gives access to the nightly version.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by walker_tr9.
More
2 years 1 month ago #4284 by matthiash
Yes, I advise to use the pip installer, the current nightly is installed with

pip install ngsolve==6.2.2202.dev38

There is still an issue with versioning of the nightly builds (should be 6.2.2203.dev38 do be considered newer by python).
Once this is fixed you can update the nightly with:
pip install --upgrade --pre ngsolve

Best,
Matthias
More
2 years 1 month ago #4287 by walker_tr9
Thanks a lot.  This was not obvious at all.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds