Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

webgui issue: mesh doesn't deform with components of a complex CF

More
2 years 1 month ago #4260 by pumpkinpieter
Hi There,

I recently reinstalled NGSolve from source on my machine (running Linux mint).  I noticed an issue with the webgui that wasn't present before.  If I plot a complex function on a mesh and try to deform it, the mesh doesn't  travel with the real or complex parts of the function.  If I set it to display the norm, then the mesh does follow along when deforming.  Here's a minimal working example:

Code:
from netgen.geom2d import unit_square import ngsolve as ng from ngsolve.webgui import Draw mesh = ng.Mesh(unit_square.GenerateMesh(maxh=.1)) Draw(ng.x - 1/2 + 1j * ng.y, mesh)

If I deform the real component I get the image in attachments.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4263 by pumpkinpieter
Not certain how to get the images to come through here actually.  But if you run that example you may see what I see, that if you deform either the real or complex components the mesh doesn't travel with it.
More
2 years 4 weeks ago #4268 by matthiash
Hello,

First: We still have issues with the forum software, thus the code environment and attachments are not visible.

I can reproduce your problem, a fixed version of webgui_juypter_widgets will be released soon.

Best,
Matthias
More
2 years 4 weeks ago #4269 by matthiash
Hello,

It's fixed with webgui-jupyter-widgets 0.2.9.

Best,
Matthias
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds