Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

hemisphere with hollow bottom

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4257 by hvwahl
You need to remove the line 'from netgen.csg import *'. Both the netgen occ and csg submodules have a Sphere object, so the occ one you want is overwritten by the csg one when you do the second import.

I take it you are now using a jupyter-notebook? Otherwise you also need to remove the line 'from ngsolve.webgui import Draw' to visualise in the old netgen gui.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by hvwahl. Reason: clarification
More
2 years 1 month ago #4264 by suzarina3
dear sir,

actually I am not using Jupiter-notebook. I am using python (py-charm). I downloaded only the following software to run the Netgen. Am I wrong?

Install Python 3.7 if you do not already have it. Make sure to download one of the "x86-64" installers, and select the option "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" during the installation. Direct link to the installer
Install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Redistributables.
Download the Netgen/NGSolve msi - installer of the latest release
Reboot your system after the installation and proceed to Getting started with Netgen/NGSolve

Do I need to install Jupiter-notebook? Can you please tell me what should I install? I am so sorry to bother you sir. I know this question might be the basic question, but I would really appreciate it, if you can give me the guideline. Thanks a million sir
More
2 years 1 month ago #4265 by suzarina3
Dear sir,

A millions of thank you for you. I finally got the geometry that I want based on your suggestions.
Thank you so much for your kind help. I pray everything in your life went ease and smooth.
Thank you so much sir. :) :) :)
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds