Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

a question on MPI for DG

More
2 years 2 months ago #4193 by Guosheng Fu
I have a question related to MPI mesh and DG scheme: 
I need to access neighboring cell DOF information of a DG gridfunction. I noticed that the metis mesh is not overlapping, hence for a cell on the interface, it does not see its neighbor located on the other rank. How can we locate its neighbor on the other rank, and pass the information (geometric info and local DOFs) to the current rank? 
More
2 years 2 months ago #4194 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic a question on MPI for DG
Hi Guosheng,

a BilinearForm.Apply is doing the job for you. Assembling of DG matrices is not supported, HDG is fine.

In the Apply all data from the sending side is collected in the integration points on the sub-domain interfaces. Then a collective communication takes part, and finally the receiving side uses the received data for the .Other proxy.

Joachim

More
2 years 2 months ago #4197 by Guosheng Fu
Hi Joachim,

I see, this is how Other works!
But I would like to manually access the neighbor cell data for slope limiting purpose (done in the numpy side).
Is there a way to do so?

Best,
Guosheng
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds