Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Eigenvalue solver

More
2 years 2 months ago #4188 by s.yang
Eigenvalue solver was created by s.yang
Hi,

I am trying to solve an eigenvalue problem, and I know the eigenvalue solver "solvers.PINVIT" is available as in ngsolve.org/docu/v6.2.1907/i-tutorials/u...well/Maxwellevp.html . May I know that if there is any other eigenvalue solver available in NGSolve? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Best wishes
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4210 by uzerbinati
Replied by uzerbinati on topic Eigenvalue solver
Dear S. Yang,
there are many eigenvalue solvers implemented within NGSolve:

- There is an Arnoldi Solver, you can find an example here ,

- There is an example on how to code the Knyazev PINVT algorithm for the Poisson equation  here ,

- As you pointed out there is an example on how to use PINVT for the Maxwell eigenvalue problem, here .

Furthermore, you can check here for a list of eigenvalue solvers algorithms implemented in Python (again Arnoldi and PINVT). 
Last it is possible to work with SLEPc now that NGSolve supports PETSc, in particular, this gives you access to a very wide range of eigenvalue solvers, among those: Power Iteration, Inverse Iteration, RQI, Subspace Iteration, Arnoldi, Lanczos, Krylov-Schur, and Jacobi-Davidson (full list here ). If you want to use the native ngs2petsc module you can find examples here and here, but I would suggest you to use the NGSOLVE PETSC interface ngs-petsc with petsc4py, more info on the dedicated repo.
Best,
Umberto
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by uzerbinati.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds