Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Use of Other raises exception

More
2 years 3 months ago #4167 by pumpkinpieter
Hi there,

As part of a bilinear form, am hoping to compute an integral along a curve interior to the domain, and on this curve I want to integrate the product of a coefficient function (which has different values on both sides of the curve) and an expression involving proxy functions. Here's an example:
Code:
import ngsolve as ng import netgen.geom2d as geom2d # Double triangle geo = geom2d.SplineGeometry() ptlist = [(0,0), (1,0), (2,0), (1,1)] pts = [geo.AppendPoint(*p) for p in ptlist] geo.Append(['line', pts[0], pts[1]], bc='bt_l', leftdomain=1) geo.Append(['line', pts[1], pts[2]], bc='bt_r', leftdomain=2) geo.Append(['line', pts[2], pts[3]], bc='r_side', leftdomain=2) geo.Append(['line', pts[3], pts[0]], bc='l_side', leftdomain=1) geo.Append(['line', pts[3], pts[1]], bc='mid', leftdomain=2, rightdomain=1); geo.SetMaterial(1, 'left_material') geo.SetMaterial(2, 'right_material') mesh = ng.Mesh(geo.GenerateMesh(maxh=1)) fes = ng.H1(mesh, order=1, dgjumps=True) n = ng.specialcf.normal(mesh.dim) K = ng.CoefficientFunction([1,2]) dr = ng.ds(definedon=mesh.Boundaries('l_side|mid|bt_l'), skeleton=1) u,v = fes.TnT() A0 = ng.BilinearForm(fes, check_unused=False) A0 += v * (ng.grad(u)* K - ng.grad(u.Other()) * K.Other()) * n * dr

When I run this code, I get the exception
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- NgException Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-475-f418f38f1ba8> in <module> ----> 1 A0.Assemble(), A1.Assemble() NgException: other mir not set, pls report to developersin Assemble BilinearForm 'biform_from_py'

Any help getting it so that I can do this integral would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pieter
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds