Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Pardiso solver fails... randomly?

More
2 years 3 months ago #4142 by walker_tr9
I'm having a weird error when trying to solve an Allen-Cahn (time-dependent) problem.

If I run the code: "python allencahn.py" fresh, then it works. But if I run it immediately again, I get these kinds of errors:

"Setup and Factorization: PARDISO returned error -3!"

and

wrote matrix to file 'pardiso.err', please check
Newton iteration 3 energy = 3.4219400589865796e-08 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "allencahn.py", line 100, in <module>
SolveNonlinearMinProblem(a,gfy)
File "C:\FILES\NGsolve_code\AllenCahn\../Newton_Methods\nonlinear_min_funcs.py", line 18, in SolveNonlinearMinProblem
inv = a.mat.Inverse(FES.FreeDofs())
netgen.libngpy._meshing.NgException: PardisoInverse: Setup and Factorization failed.

sometimes if I delete the "__pycache__" sub-dir, it will run successfully again (but not always). Also, if I just keep trying to run "python allencahn.py" at the command prompt, eventually it will work.

This is on a windows machine.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds