Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Unable to use the Solver on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

More
2 years 5 months ago #4069 by GAURAV
Hello everyone!
I am getting this error whenever I try to start ngsolve app:

/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh ; exit;
dyld: Symbol not found: __ZdaPvSt11align_val_t
Referenced from: /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/libngcore.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
in /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/libngcore.dylib
/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh: line 10: 27048 Abort trap: 6 $Netgen_MACOS/netgen

I have used the following parameters (as suggested by the site):

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages:.
export NETGENDIR=/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:$NETGENDIR
export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=$DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH:$NETGENDIR/../Frameworks
export PATH=$NETGENDIR:$PATH

I have python 3.8. Please help to fix the error. I am installing it on my laptop macbook pro.

Thank you.
More
2 years 5 months ago #4070 by matthiash
Hello!

Netgen/NGSolve is written in C++17, which is not supported on MacOS 10.12 (at least 10.14 or 10.15 is needed)..

In case you cannot do a system upgrade for some reason, you may want to try older versions of NGSolve:
www.asc.tuwien.ac.at//~mhochsteger/ngsolve/macos/
Note that older versions are also depending on older Python versions (3.6 or 3.7).

Best,
Matthias
More
2 years 5 months ago #4074 by GAURAV
Thank you Matthias!
More
2 years 5 months ago #4075 by GAURAV
I was able to install ngsolve (older version: NGSolve-6.2.1901). But I have not problem in using the jupyter extension. When I use jupyter nbextension install --user --py ngsolve, I get the following error:

KeyError: 'The Python module ngsolve is not a valid nbextension, it is missing the `_jupyter_nbextension_paths()` method.'

And when I trying to use: python3 -c 'import ngsolve.webgui; ngsolve.webgui.howtoInstallJupyterLabextension()'

I am getting following error:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ngsolve.webgui'

Please let me know how to fix these errors.

Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds