Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How to assess the value at Mesh Vertices and convert them to Numpy Array

More
2 years 6 months ago #4003 by itaugust
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask a simple question as I am quite new to the software.

Referring to: ngsolve.org/forum/ngspy-forum/1456-gridf...-to-new-gridfunction ,

I am currently developing the rate determination scheme for the Convection-Diffusion-Reaction model, which requires the inputs as a numpy array of the values of the mesh points to the scheme for every time step. My understanding is that I cannot use the result from the GridFunction as Alex explained that "its components were the coefficients for the interpolating polynomials rather than the values at the points".

I then found the topic ( ngsolve.org/forum/ngspy-forum/1169-how-t...ion-at-mesh-vertices ) which Joachim explained the approach of using IntegrationRule to get the vertices. I think that I can apply the same approach, but I am not sure that what should be the code inside IntegrationRule(...) if I would like to get all the vertices in the 3d- geometric space? Do I need the 8 corner points instead of 4 points? Can you also help me explain what the irrelevant weight is?

Thank you,
Ittisak
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds