Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Netgen - OpenCascade Geometry

More
2 years 7 months ago #3951 by joachim
Hello Netgen-Community,

we have now a Python wrapper for OCCT modeling within Netgen !

It is available in recent nightly versions, and you can find the docs here:
docu.ngsolve.org/nightly/i-tutorials/unit-4.4-occ/occ.html

In the wrapper we aim in bringing most of the structure of OCCT to Python. If you are familiar with the C++ interface of Open Cascade you will recognize many classes.

The wrapper is work in progress, more features will come in in near future.

Your feedback is warmly welcome. Please let us know if you are missing features from OCCT in the Py-interface.

Enjoy the new possibilities !

Joachim
More
2 years 7 months ago #3955 by NV
Replied by NV on topic Netgen - OpenCascade Geometry
Hi Joachim,

the documentation looks really promising. I am looking forward to future features in this direction.
Unfortanetly the new version is not yet available via conda. It would be great if this could be done soon.

Best regards and thanks a lot for your work
Nils
More
2 years 7 months ago #3956 by christopher
Hi, you can try it using the nightly version of netgen+ngsolve available on conda via tha package ngsolve-nightly.

Best
Christopher
More
2 years 7 months ago #3957 by NV
Replied by NV on topic Netgen - OpenCascade Geometry
Also the latest nightly seems to be a version prior to the OCC python wrapper. Conda says the latest ngsolve-nightly is version 6.2.2103.98 and the latest netgen-nightly is 6.2.2103.80. In the documentation, it looks like you are using 6.2.2104.XX.
Best regards
Nils
More
2 years 7 months ago #3958 by matthiash
Hi Nils,

Thanks for the hint. The upload of new nightly builds was blocked due to limited storage on anaconda. This issue is resolved (some old versions were removed), a new version should be available within the next three hours.

Best,
Matthias
The following user(s) said Thank You: NV
More
2 years 7 months ago #3973 by JuliusZ
Hi Joachim,

That is a great feature, thanks for the implementation!
I tried to reimplement some of my SALOME scripts using the new feature.
I found that revolutions were only possible for faces.
OpenCascade allows one to revolve also edges and wires.
I'd suggest to include this in the interface.
My own patch (without much knowledge of the OCC interface) is in a PR on github.
I tested it locally but please consider the PR only as a suggestion and not a well-developed patch.

Best,
Julius
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds