Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Problem Netgen/NGSolve does not start, no error; any tips?

More
2 years 7 months ago #3945 by matthiash
Hi Peter,

It might be that nothing in dependency walker is red, but still wrong libs are loaded, are any dependencies pointing to matlab/miktex etc?

You may attach a screenshot or an exported report (not sure if that's possible).

Best,
Matthias
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #3946 by Peter_Meshert
I compared the path variables, but adding one by one is what i want to try at the weekend :)

I found the "profiling"-run (i am not familiar with this program, but this seems to provide more info) and attached the whole log-output (.txt).

does that tell anything? Thank you all for helping!

File Attachment:

File Name: netgen.txt
File Size:1,528 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Peter_Meshert.
More
2 years 7 months ago #3959 by Peter_Meshert
Found the problem!

After a week of testing and (re)installing different program versions I looked again at the dependencywalker-profile. A few lines made me suspicious, i deinstalled the graphic cards driver and netgen started again!

I installed the newest driver from amd (not from the lenovo-thinkpad-support-site) and not it works again. Thank you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mostafanouh
More
2 years 7 months ago #3960 by mostafanouh
Thank you Peter, you saved me a lot of time!
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds