Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Different versions - different meshing?

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #3884 by nepomuk
Hello,

Is it possible, that the meshing changed throughout the versions of NGSolve? With the code below, I got a mesh with 12543 nodes in NGSolve-6.2.2101 and with 12457 nodes in the in NGSolve-6.2.2103. That's a problem, because I saved some GridFunctions with the old version, that I want to process with the latest version. Is there a fix? Can I somehow create both meshes in one version?

BR, Nepomuk
Code:
Lbeam = SplineGeometry() rad=0.25 offset=0.1 mh=0.025 pnts = [(0, 0), (2.5, 0), (2.5, 1), (1+rad+offset,1),(1+rad+offset,1-rad+offset),(1+offset,1-rad+offset),(1-rad+offset,1-rad+offset),(1-rad+offset,1+offset),(1-rad+offset,1+rad+offset),(1,1+rad+offset),(1,2.5),(0,2.5),(1,1)] pind = [ Lbeam.AppendPoint(*pnt) for pnt in pnts ] Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[0],pind[1]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=0,bc="bottom") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[1],pind[2]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=0,bc="force") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[2],pind[3]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=0,bc="nix") Lbeam.Append(['spline3',pind[3],pind[4],pind[5]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=2,bc="nix") Lbeam.Append(['spline3',pind[5],pind[6],pind[7]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=2,bc="nix") Lbeam.Append(['spline3',pind[7],pind[8],pind[9]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=2,bc="nix") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[9],pind[10]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=0,bc="nix") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[10],pind[11]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=0,bc="diri") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[11],pind[0]],leftdomain=1,rightdomain=0,bc="left") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[3],pind[12]],leftdomain=2,rightdomain=0,bc="nix") Lbeam.Append(['line',pind[12],pind[9]],leftdomain=2,rightdomain=0,bc="nix") Lbeam.SetDomainMaxH(2, mh*0.2)
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by nepomuk.
More
2 years 8 months ago #3886 by christopher
Hi, yes we improved quite a bit of stuff in the mesher. You need to save the mesh with the old version along with the gridfunction. The mesh can then be loaded with the new version.
Best Christopher
More
2 years 8 months ago #3887 by nepomuk
Ok, thank you.
BR, Nepomuk
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds