Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Windows/Jupyter/Netgen GUI issue

More
2 years 10 months ago #3786 by ddrake
Hi, I noticed something odd when trying to run the Poisson iTutorial in Jupyter on a Windows machine.
The notebook hangs executing the first Python command after importing the netgen.gui. No errors are reported in the jupyter console window. This is using the latest build and Python 3.7.9 (not Anaconda)

If the
Code:
import netgen.gui
line is moved to the end of the notebook, then each cell computes quickly, and the mesh and solution can be displayed in the Netgen GUI -- so we have a workaround. Also the webgui works fine.

Best,
Dow
More
2 years 3 months ago #4168 by bfadness
Dow, did you figure this out?

If I leave

Code:
import netgen.gui
at the beginning of the poisson notebook, then the notebook hangs. If I put the line in its own cell at the end of the notebook, then the kernel crashes, so I cannot display the mesh and solution in the Netgen GUI. Using

Code:
from ngsolve.webgui import Draw
works fine. I am using the latest NGSolve and Python 3.10 on macOS.

Best,

Barry
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds