Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How to mesh on a semi-circumference

More
2 years 11 months ago #3781 by Younghigh
Dear all,

I wonder how to mesh on a semi-circumference
[tex]x^2+y^2=0.5^2,\quad y\geq 0.[/tex]

In fact, I can code like
Code:
geo.AddCircle(c=(0,0), r=0.5, maxh=0.01, leftdomain=1, rightdomain=1)
to get a mesh on an entire circumference.

I can also code like
Code:
p1,p2,p3,p4,p5= [ geo.AppendPoint(x,y) for x,y in [(0.5,0), (0.5,0.5), (0,0.5), (-0.5,0.5), (-0.5,0)] ] geo.Append (["spline3", p1, p2, p3], maxh=0.01, leftdomain=1, rightdomain=1) geo.Append (["spline3", p5, p4, p3], maxh=0.01, leftdomain=1, rightdomain=1)
to get a mesh on the semi-circumference. However, this method seems little awkward and also has some restricts in combined meshes, which may cause the global mesh failure.

So, is there a simple method to mesh on the semi-circumference just like meshing on an entire circumference? Please help me. Thank you very much.

Best,

Di Yang
More
2 years 11 months ago #3783 by mneunteufel
Hi Di Yang,

with the CSG2D tools you can add, subtract, etc. primitives to form a semi-circumference without splines:
Code:
from ngsolve import * from netgen.geom2d import CSG2d, Circle, Rectangle geo = CSG2d() circle = Circle( center=(0,0), radius=0.5, mat="circle", bc="bnd" ) rect = Rectangle( pmin=(-2,-1), pmax=(2,0), bc="cut" ) geo.Add(circle - rect) mesh = Mesh(geo.GenerateMesh(maxh=0.3)) mesh.Curve(2) Draw(mesh)

Best
Michael
More
2 years 11 months ago #3784 by christopher
(which internally generates the exact same splines ;) )
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds