Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

element-wise generalized eigenvalue problem in X-FEM

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3766 by Shaoqi
[attachment=undefined]eigen_prob.png[/attachment]Hi ngsolve comminity,

I would like to calculate the element-wise eigenvalue k of an generalized eigenvalue problem in the case "CufFEM" or X-FEM.
The problem is stated as:
Am x=ke,mBmx
where the matrix A and B is written as attached figure
[attachment=undefined]eigen_prob.png[/attachment]
Could you give some instruction on implementing this problem, I tried something to calculte the integrator like:
Code:
lsPOS = {"levelset": levelset, "domain_type": POS} lsNEG = {"levelset": levelset, "domain_type": NEG} lsIF = {"levelset": levelset, "domain_type": IF} space_flux = HDiv(mesh, order=2) f = GridFunction(space_flux, "flux") flux = grad(f) #intf = Integrate(lsPOS, mesh=mesh, cf=flux, element_wise=True) intf = Integrate(lsNEG, mesh=mesh, cf=flux, element_wise=True) intf = Integrate(lsIF, mesh=mesh, cf=flux, element_wise=True) intf = Integrate(flux, mesh, VOL, element_wise=True)
I am not sure if I do this with function Integrate or with symbolic integrators
Then with the computed integrator, How can we calculate the eigenvalue problem? I saw some demos which use the algrhitome like PINVIT?

Attachment not found

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Shaoqi. Reason: add image
More
2 years 11 months ago #3767 by schruste
Hi,

I cannot see the picture, i.e. I don't know the eigenvalue problem that you want to solve, yet.

Best,
Christoph
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3768 by Shaoqi
[attachment=undefined]eigen_prob.png[/attachment]
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Shaoqi.
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3769 by Shaoqi
Hi Christoph,

Here is the picture

Best,
Shaoqi

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Shaoqi. Reason: add image
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3770 by Shaoqi
The integrations are defined on the levelset interface elements and the entire elements respectively.

Thanks Christoph!
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Shaoqi.
More
2 years 11 months ago #3771 by schruste
Hi Shaoqi,

You should setup the matrices A_m and B_m as you would do for solving a PDE problem. Hence, use symoblic integrators or differential symbols to describe the two bilinear forms and assemble the matrices
Afterwards you can use pinvit as done in the i-tutorials (e.g. 2.4.1) to compute the eigenvalues.

Best,
Christoph
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds