Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

error of view for vtk file

More
2 years 11 months ago #3764 by Younghigh
Dear all,

For viewing the DG solution in Paraview, we firstly run the following codes to get the solution "gfu".
Code:
from netgen.geom2d import unit_square from ngsolve import * mesh = Mesh(unit_square.GenerateMesh(maxh=0.3)) order=4 fes = L2(mesh, order=order, dgjumps=True) u,v = fes.TnT() jump_u = u-u.Other() jump_v = v-v.Other() n = specialcf.normal(2) mean_dudn = 0.5*n * (grad(u)+grad(u.Other())) mean_dvdn = 0.5*n * (grad(v)+grad(v.Other())) alpha = 4 h = specialcf.mesh_size a = BilinearForm(fes) diffusion = grad(u)*grad(v) * dx \ +alpha*order**2/h*jump_u*jump_v * dx(skeleton=True) \ +(-mean_dudn*jump_v-mean_dvdn*jump_u) * dx(skeleton=True) \ +alpha*order**2/h*u*v * ds(skeleton=True) \ +(-n*grad(u)*v-n*grad(v)*u)* ds(skeleton=True) a += diffusion a.Assemble() f = LinearForm(fes) f += 1*v*dx f.Assemble() gfu = GridFunction(fes, name="uDG") gfu.vec.data = a.mat.Inverse() * f.vec

Then we run the following code to get a vtk file "solution",
Code:
vtk = VTKOutput(ma=mesh, coefs=[gfu], names=["uh"], filename="solution", subdivision=3) vtk.Do()

But when we view this vtk file on Paraview, it is a totally bad file and we cannot see anything. Please tell us where something is wrong.

Best,

Di Yang
More
2 years 11 months ago #3765 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic error of view for vtk file
Dear Di Yang,

Your code snippet is fine. I cannot reproduce a problem. Could you please attach the resulting vtk file so that I can check if it is a problem of the export or a problem on the import side of things?

Best,
Christoph
More
2 years 11 months ago #3774 by Younghigh
Dear Christoph,

I have solved the problem. It is something to do with memory. Thank you very much.

Best,

Di Yang
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds