Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Problem running Netgen in batchmode with macOS Big Sur

More
2 years 11 months ago #3756 by BenWilson94
Hello,

I have just upgraded to macOS Big Sur and am using python 3.8.2 and NGSolve 6.2.2102. I am trying to run netgen in batchmode from a python script. I am using the command
Code:
subprocess.call(['netgen','-geofile=my_geometry.geo','-meshfile=my_mesh.vol','-coarse','-batchmode'])
Which I believe to be equivalent to
Code:
$ netgen -geofile=my_geometry.geo -meshfile=my_mesh.vol -coarse -batchmode
However, the second works but the first does not and I receive the following error
Code:
Error in Tcl-Script: result = dlopen(libgui.dylib, 6): image not found Make sure to set environment variable NETGENDIR to directory containing ng.tcl
I have been running the first line of code on macOS High Sierra and I believe the only thing I have changed is my OS. Could you please advise if there is something I have missed or if there is an easy work around?

Kind regards,

Ben
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #3757 by matthiash
Hi Ben,

Try to pass shell=True to subprocess.call. Otherwise, your .bash_profile file is not executed and environment variables like NETGENDIR are not defined.

Best,
Matthias
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by matthiash.
More
2 years 11 months ago #3758 by BenWilson94
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your speedy reply. I have tried implementing shell=True as you suggested but am still getting the same error. You seem to suggest it is an issue when sourcing .bash_profile using subprocess though, so I will look at that and see whether I can find anything and if not I will come back. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Ben
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds