Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

No module named 'webgui_jupyter_widgets'

More
3 years 1 hour ago #3721 by ddrake
Hi, it seems that some recent changes may have broken the NGSolve webgui. It worked in an Ubuntu build about three weeks ago, but with my build from today's (April 24 commit bb6f627) source code, if I try to do:

from ngsolve.webgui import Draw

I get the error:

No module named 'webgui_jupyter_widgets'

If I try to re-install the nbextension, I see this error:

jupyter nbextension install --user --py ngsolve
Installing /home/dow/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/lib/python3/dist-packages/ngsolve/nbextension/static -> ngsolve_jupyter_widgets
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/dow/.local/bin/jupyter-nbextension", line 8, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jupyter_core/application.py", line 270, in launch_instance
return super(JupyterApp, cls).launch_instance(argv=argv, **kwargs)
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/traitlets/config/application.py", line 664, in launch_instance
app.start()
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 983, in start
super(NBExtensionApp, self).start()
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jupyter_core/application.py", line 259, in start
self.subapp.start()
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 711, in start
self.install_extensions()
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 682, in install_extensions
full_dests = install(self.extra_args[0],
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 217, in install_nbextension_python
full_dest = install_nbextension(
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 194, in install_nbextension
_maybe_copy(src, full_dest, logger=logger)
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 1038, in _maybe_copy
if _should_copy(src, dest, logger=logger):
File "/home/dow/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/notebook/nbextensions.py", line 1014, in _should_copy
if os.stat(src).st_mtime - os.stat(dest).st_mtime > 1e-6:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/dow/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/lib/python3/dist-packages/ngsolve/nbextension/static'

The nbextension/static directory doesn't seem to exist.

Best,
Dow
More
2 years 11 months ago #3722 by pumpkinpieter
I have the same exact thing on my recent install on Linux Mint.
More
2 years 11 months ago #3723 by joachim
we recently moved the webgui to a seperate package, see installation instructions in the latest nightly-docu:

docu.ngsolve.org/nightly/i-tutorials/index.html

in short:
Code:
pip3 install webgui_jupyter_widgets jupyter nbextension install --user --py webgui_jupyter_widgets jupyter nbextension enable --user --py webgui_jupyter_widgets

Joachim
The following user(s) said Thank You: ddrake
More
2 years 11 months ago #3724 by ddrake
Thanks, Joachim -- that's working fine for me.

Best,
Dow
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds