Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Building Issue with Ubuntu

More
3 years 1 week ago #3706 by fele.fele
Hi,

I'm facing a problem by building the NGSuite on Ubuntu. I'm using a Shell-Script, followind the Building Tutorial on the Website (from here: ngsolve.org/docu/latest/install/installlinux.html ). Attached my Terminal Output. Any help?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Best, Raffaele

File Attachment:

File Name: install_ng...tput.txt
File Size:28 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: install_ng...4-19.txt
File Size:28 KB
More
2 years 11 months ago #3744 by matthiash
Hi Raffaele,

The important line in your log files is:
Code:
Could NOT find TCL (missing: TCL_INCLUDE_PATH) (Required is at least version "8.5")

I assume you don't have the tcl-dev package installed.

Best,
Matthias
More
2 years 11 months ago #3745 by matthiash
Hi Raffaele,

The important line in your log files is:
Code:
Could NOT find TCL (missing: TCL_INCLUDE_PATH) (Required is at least version "8.5")

I assume you don't have the tcl-dev package installed.

Best,
Matthias
More
2 years 11 months ago #3759 by fele.fele
Hi Matthias,

thanks a lot for the reply! I have installed the tcl-dev package but the building process still didn't work. I attached the CMakeOutputLog and my Terminal Output. Do you need the shell I'm using to build the suite too?

In adavance thank you for the help!
Best, Raffaele

File Attachment:

File Name: CMakeOutpu...5-11.txt
File Size:48 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: output_bui...11-4.txt
File Size:5 KB
More
2 years 11 months ago #3760 by christopher
-- Could NOT find LAPACK (missing: LAPACK_DIR)

Did you run the command given in the documentation?
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install python3 python3-distutils python3-tk libpython3-dev libxmu-dev tk-dev tcl-dev cmake git g++ libglu1-mesa-dev liblapacke-dev

Best
Christopher
More
2 years 11 months ago #3763 by fele.fele
Hi Christopher,

I was sure, I had already installed all dependencies... but I had not! Installing LAPACK, I could build the ngsuite without problem and after a restart everything works fine now!

Thanks a lot for the hint!
Best, Raffaele
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds