Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Hidden fes and nonlinear operator linearization

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #3675 by Guosheng Fu
I am a bit confused about the use of Hidden dofs in linear system solver.
In my understanding, hidden dofs does not contribute to the matrix and it is locally eliminated in the assembling step, and the associated component in the grid function can not be recovered.
This makes it more computationally efficient over static condensation where the condensed-out dofs are local dofs and can always be recovered after the global system solve.

But when I applied an HDG operator with hidden dofs to a nonlinear Navier-Stokes operator, but it to produce reasonable results. This is a bit strange as the operator works well on a linear opeartor.

I guess there must be something I am missing in the AssembleLinearization or Apply operator.
Any insights would be welcome.
I can provide a minimal example if someone is interested in investigating the issue.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Guosheng Fu.
More
3 years 1 week ago #3676 by joachim
Hi Guosheng,
which dofs are you hiding ? Only fluxes, or also the internal states ?
I think it's better to provide an example,
Joachim
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds