Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

system error

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #3607 by jiaxiangwang
system error was created by jiaxiangwang
Hi All
I used dream3D generated a microstructure. When I try to use Netgen mesh the stl file. If the microstructure only contain 1 single grain (1 stl file), it work. If it has multiple grain (more than 1 stl files), it show a system error: get neighbourpoints failed . Does any one know how to solve this?

Thank you for helping
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #3613 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic system error
The stl mesher does only support one domain (since in stl files there is no way afaik to specify multiple domains, it contains just the triangulation.
If the meshes do not overlap you can mesh the surfaces seperately and then merge the meshes, there is a tutorial here:
docu.ngsolve.org/latest/netgen_tutorials...ing_with_meshes.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: jiaxiangwang
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #3619 by jiaxiangwang
Replied by jiaxiangwang on topic system error

File Attachment:

File Name: GrainFeature_2.stl
File Size:388 KB

I tried to mesh each stl file and merge them together. When I load the geometry of a single stl file (eg. I attached one), it show an error: ## (eg. 6184) wrong oriented neighbourtrangles found. It still show the same system error when I mesh this single stl file. Do you know what is the issue in here?

Thank you for answering my question
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds