Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

MPI Building Issues

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3594 by Wenzheng Kuang
Greetings,

I am trying to rebuild the MPI version of NGSolve on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS following our past guidelines, which worked for me about half a year ago. But this time I am confronted with consistent failures after the command "sudo make -j12":
Code:
CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt: Target "netgen_metis" INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES property contains path: "/home/wenzheng/NG/ngsolve-src/external_dependencies/netgen/MPI4PY_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND" which is prefixed in the source directory. ...... ...... -- Build files have been written to: /home/wenzheng/NG/ngsolve-build/netgen/netgen CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/build.make:108: recipe for target 'dependencies/src/netgen-stamp/netgen-configure' failed make[5]: *** [dependencies/src/netgen-stamp/netgen-configure] Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:99: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all' failed make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all] Error 2 Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed make[3]: *** [all] Error 2 CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'dependencies/Stamp/netgen_project/netgen_project-build' failed make[2]: *** [dependencies/Stamp/netgen_project/netgen_project-build] Error 2 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:212: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/all' failed make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/all] Error 2 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... -- suitesparse download command succeeded. See also /home/wenzheng/NG/ngsolve-build/umfpack/src/suitesparse-stamp/suitesparse-download-*.log ...... ...... Makefile:151: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2

My cmake file is as below:
Code:
cmake \ -DUSE_PYTHON=ON \ -DUSE_UMFPACK=ON \ -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 \ -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=~/NG/ngsolve-install \ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \ -DINSTALL_DIR=~/NG/ngsolve-install \ -DUSE_GUI=ON \ -DUSE_MPI=ON \ -DUSE_MUMPS=ON \ -DUSE_HYPRE=ON \ -DUSE_MKL=ON \ -DMKL_STATIC=ON \ -DMKL_ROOT=$HOME/intel/oneapi/mkl/latest \ -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/bin/g++-8 \ -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/gcc-8 \ ../ngsolve-src

In the "ccmake .", I also changed "MKL_BLACS_LIBRARY" to "....../libmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.a".

As long as MPI and MKL are turned OFF (the plain version), the installation works well. I don't quite understand what this error is and how to fix it, could you please help me out with this? Thank you in advance!

UPDATE 03/17:
I installed mpi4py together with mpich. Then the problem seems to arsie from "HYPRE" part. The "sudo make -j12" would fail in downloading HYPRE and ended up with the error "recipe for target 'all' failed". Could you please provide some insight into this?
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Wenzheng Kuang.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds