Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Geometry manipulation in C++

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3590 by JBalis
Hello,

I am working on a C++ shape optimization project with a HDG solver which interfaces Netgen. I am exclusively working with spline geometries from the SplineGeometry2D class.

For this project, I would like to modify the coordinates of the geometry points (one at a time) in the normal direction. To do that, I have access to a shared pointer <MeshAccess>, from which I access the Netgen geometry through:
Code:
shared_ptr<MeshAccess> ma; shared_ptr<netgen::Mesh> ngmesh = ma->GetNetgenMesh(); shared_ptr<netgen::NetgenGeometry> nggeom = ngmesh->GetGeometry();

Up to that, everything works fine. But I would like to use the routines of SplineGeometry2d (such as GetSpline()) so I tried to cast my NetgenGeometry shared_ptr to a SplineGeometry2d shared_ptr (knowing SplineGeometry2d is a derived class of NetgenGeometry) with:
Code:
shared_ptr<netgen::SplineGeometry2d> splinegeom = dynamic_pointer_cast<netgen::SplineGeometry2d>(nggeom);

but I get that :

error: ‘SplineGeometry2d’ is not a member of ‘netgen’

and

error: ‘template argument 1 is invalid’

SplineGeometry2d is well-defined inside the netgen namespace so I am not sure what I forget here. Could you hint me on what I am missing?

I attach the function which causes this error.

Thank you very much,

Joachim
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by JBalis.
More
3 years 1 month ago #3591 by cwinters
Hi Joachim,

you have to include the appropriate header files. In your case "#include <geometry2d.hpp>" should do the job.

Another hint: Changing the points of the splines won't change your mesh directly. You would have to generate a new mesh after changing the points.

Best,
Christoph
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3592 by JBalis
Replied by JBalis on topic Geometry manipulation in C++
Hello Christoph,

Thank you very much for your reply! I followed your advice but whenever I add #include <geometry2d.hpp> (even if the rest of the function is empty), I have new error messages:
Code:
In file included from /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/geometry2d.hpp:1:0, from ShapeOptimization/deformgeometry.h:1, from main.cpp:406: /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/../geom2d/geometry2d.hpp:21:40: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token class SplineSegExt : public SplineSeg<2> ^ /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/../geom2d/geometry2d.hpp:21:40: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘<’ token /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/../geom2d/geometry2d.hpp:21:40: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/../geom2d/geometry2d.hpp:131:49: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token class SplineGeometry2d : public SplineGeometry<2>, public NetgenGeometry ^ /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/../geom2d/geometry2d.hpp:131:49: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘<’ token /home/joachim/Documents/ResearchProject/ngsuite/ngsolve-install/bin/../include/include/../geom2d/geometry2d.hpp:131:49: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token

I tried to sort out the issue, and I thought that it could come from the fact that the compiler does not know SplineSeg and SplineGeometry at the time geometry2d.hpp is defined. So I tried to include these with:
Code:
#include "../gprim/spline.hpp" #include "../gprim/splinegeometry.hpp"

before the #include "geometry2d.hpp" but that does not change anything to the errors.

I am a bit out of ideas because #include <gprim.hpp> and #include <meshing.hpp> do not trigger any errors, it is only the #include <geometry2d.hpp> which causes my troubles.

[EDIT: problem solved]

I put #include <geometry2d.hpp> at the top of my main file and everything runs smoothly now.

Thank you again for your kind help,

Joachim
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by JBalis. Reason: Problem solved
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds