Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Matrix valued coefficient function

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #3474 by Ryanleaf
Hello everybody,

Sorry, I am fairly new to python and NGSolve, I think I have a relatively simple question.
I am trying to compute the RHS of the surface stokes equations by a given analytic solution.
The geometry I have is just a simple unit sphere. So I wrote the following operators to compute RHS of surface stokes equations:
Code:
def Coef_Grad(v): return CoefficientFunction(tuple([v[i].Diff(w) for w in [x, y, z] for i in [0, 1, 2]]), dims=(d, d)).trans def Coef_Matrix_Multi_Matrix(P,Q): Q_list=[[Q[0,0], Q[0,1], Q[0,2]], [Q[1,0], Q[1,1], Q[1,2]], [Q[2,0], Q[2,1], Q[2,2]]] P_list=[[P[0,0], P[0,1], P[0,2]], [P[1,0], P[1,1], P[1,2]], [P[2,0], P[2,1], P[2,2]]] return CoefficientFunction(tuple([sum([P_list[i][k]*Q_list[k][j] for k in range(d)]) for j in [0, 1, 2] for i in [0, 1, 2]]), dims=(d, d)) def Coef_Grad_Gamma(v): # set projection matrix Proj = [[0.5*(1-x**2), -x*y, -x*z], [0, 0.5*(1-y**2), -y*z], [0, 0, 0.5*(1-z**2)]] proj = CoefficientFunction(tuple([Proj[w][i] for w in [0, 1, 2] for i in [0, 1, 2]]), dims=(d, d)) proj = proj+proj.trans v_coef = CoefficientFunction(tuple([v[i] for i in [0, 1, 2]])) return Coef_Matrix_Multi_Matrix(Coef_Matrix_Multi_Matrix(proj, Coef_Grad(v_coef)), proj) def Coef_Eps_Gamma(v): return 0.5 * (Coef_Grad_Gamma(v) + Coef_Grad_Gamma(v).trans) def Coef_Div_Gamma(v): v_list = [[v[0,0], v[0,1], v[0,2]], [v[1,0], v[1,1], v[1,2]], [v[2,0], v[2,1], v[2,2]]] return CoefficientFunction(tuple([Trace(Coef_Grad_Gamma(v_list[i])) for i in range(d)]))
I didn't find how to modified the matrix valued coefficient function after define it, sorry I used the list.
The problem I have now is When I tried to compute
Code:
coef_b = Coef_Div_Gamma(-2 * mu[2] * Coef_Eps_Gamma(vel_exact[2]))
And assemble corresponding RHS in the algebraic system
Code:
f += SymbolicLFI(lset_if, form=Pmat*coef_b * v[2])
My code became very very slow on the assembling step. I think the main reason might be (Coef_Div_Gamma(v)) operator, but I don't know what is wrong with this part. I think it took days to assemble, any reasons caused this?
Where, Pmat defined as,
Code:
Pmat = Id(3) - OuterProduct(n_lset,n_lset)
v[2] belongs to
Code:
Vhbase = VectorH1(mesh, order=order, dirichlet="bottom|top|left|right|front|back") VhG=Compress(Vhbase,GetDofsOfElements(Vhbase, ci.GetElementsOfType(IF)))
thanks a lot,
Ryan
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Ryanleaf.
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #3475 by Ryanleaf
Sorry problem solved by reading one of the previous posts.
Problem solved by directly using matrix-valued coefficient function multiplication.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Ryanleaf.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds