Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

call with python, sometimes there is no meshing

More
3 years 2 months ago #3525 by mariopa
allready found a solution?

for your info, i am using: ngsolve-v6.2.2101
More
3 years 2 months ago #3526 by christopher
Hi, I can reproduce the issue and I think it is a bug in the meshsize restriction from the curvature (or in the curvature computation in occ). I hope I have some time to track it down the coming week or so.
Best
Christopher
More
3 years 2 months ago #3527 by mariopa
thank you very much, this will help me a lot. :-)

maybe you can tell me here if there is a new version with this bug fix?

would be nice, but thank anyways!

regards, mario
More
3 years 1 month ago #3572 by mariopa
Hi,

do you got some time to solve the bug?

thx
More
2 years 11 months ago #3729 by christopher
Hi, sorry didn't have much time. This seems to be a bug with opencascade. When I use freecad to extract surface 25+29 from the geometry and export it as step then it messes up the geometry too. Maybe someone can help you there or in the occ forums. For me steps to reproduce were
Load the geometry in Freecad -> select face 25 and 29 -> in Draft click create Facebinder from selected surfaces -> Click the newly created object and export it to step file -> Load it again. -> See that edge parametrization is screwed up.
Because of this occ bug netgen fails too.

Best
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds