Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

[BUG] Surf file read incorrectly

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #3390 by rgs
Hello,

I noticed a bug when importing surf files into Netgen. The z-coordinates of all points seem to be multiplied by 10. This can be seen when importing a surf file using the GUI and visualising it, or when calculating the bounding box of an imported surf mesh. The coordinates in the surf file are what I would expect them to be, so this has to be something that happens when the file is imported.

Moreover, when I try to convert an imported mesh to an ngsolve mesh, I get the error "netgen.libngpy._meshing.NgException: mesh with negative boundary-condition number" even if the surf file was originally exported from Netgen.

I am using the nightly build NGSolve-6.2.2009-24-g53c262fa.

I am attaching two scripts which should reproduce this problem. The script export.py will generate a cube, mesh it, print the bounding box and export the surface mesh as a surf file. The script import.py will import the generated surf file and calculate the bounding box.

Cheers,

Rohit
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by rgs.
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #3391 by christopher
Hi,
thanks for reporting, fix is in the pipeline and should be in the nightly release on Monday.
Best
Christopher
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by christopher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rgs
More
3 years 4 months ago #3405 by rgs
Hello Christopher,

I'm not sure if the fix was already released in the nightly versions this week, but I still have the same problem in version 6.2.2009-99-gd54c2c08b
More
3 years 4 months ago #3406 by christopher
Sorry, yes the Netgen update was missing in NGSolve, will be in the nightly version tomorrow.
More
3 years 4 months ago #3407 by rgs
Hello Christopher,

It works in today's nightly. Thank you for the quick fix!

Cheers,

Rohit
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds