Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Mixed spaces Bilinearform

More
3 years 5 months ago #3361 by paul.stocker
Hi everyone!

I was wondering how to create a BilinearForm with test and trial functions from different spaces.
In the code the MixedSpaces() option for the BilinearForm is marked as non operational and also implementation for skeleton terms is missing. Would the rest work? Is there any sense in extending the code or is there a work around using product spaces?

Cheers,
Paul
More
3 years 5 months ago #3363 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic Mixed spaces Bilinearform
Hi Paul,

mixed spaces for the BilinearForm are functional. Even skeleton forms (at least for interior facets) are working. I guess only skeleton boundary forms and element_boundary forms that access neighboring elements are not implemented at the moment. A very simple (but not meaningful) example of what is working is here:
Code:
V1 = L2(mesh, dgjumps=True) V2 = L2(mesh, order=2, dgjumps=True) u = V1.TrialFunction() v = V2.TestFunction() a = BilinearForm(trialspace=V1,testspace=V2) a+= (u-u.Other())*(v-v.Other())*dx(skeleton=True) a.Assemble()

Best,
Christoph
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul.stocker
More
3 years 5 months ago #3365 by paul.stocker
Hi Christoph,
thanks!! I would need the skeleton boundary forms, I will see if I can get them working!
Best,
Paul
More
3 years 5 months ago #3366 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic Mixed spaces Bilinearform
Hi Paul,

I see. It shouldn't be a big deal if you take a look at the non-mixed-space implementation of skeleton boundary forms. There shouldn't be any severe obstacle. It is just not implemented yet as it wasn't needed so far.
If you succeeded with your own implementation, please make a merge/pull request on github. If you have problems, let us know. I am willing to take a closer look myself if problems occur.

Best,
Christoph
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul.stocker
More
3 years 5 months ago #3369 by paul.stocker
Hi Christoph,
amazing, thanks again! I think I got it working, I will do a few more tests and then make a pull request.
Best, Paul
More
3 years 4 months ago #3409 by paul.stocker
Hi Christoph,
I have now submitted the pull request on github!
Cheers,
Paul
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds