Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsolve.solve Redraw not found

More
3 years 6 months ago #3228 by Tele
Hi,

I do have a minor question I was not able to find a solution too, thus I am asking the swarm for a solution. I installed netgen/ngsolve using the anaconda way (provided on ngsolve.org/downloads ) and tried some tutorials. All, that I tried worked flawlessly :)
However, on 4.2 (4.2 Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)) I encountered the problem, that I cannot import "Redraw" from ngsolve.solve. I results in the following error:
Code:
ImportError: cannot import name 'Redraw' from 'ngsolve.solve' (unknown location)

Importing Draw however works without any errors.
I am using Jupyter Notebook verison 6.1.4 running python 3.8.3.

I hope I provided enough details, that the problem can be understood. I want to use ngsolve in my thesis to perform some nonlinear hyperelastic computations using consistitutive models for metamaterials I just derived, but for now I am in the process of setting everything up. So the visualization might help me understand this, but I am sure I will get along without, I just wanted to ask, whether anyone of you might know a quick fix.

Thank you already and I hope this is the right place for this kind of question.

Best Regards,
Til
More
3 years 6 months ago #3229 by matthiash
Hi Til,

This seems to be an error in the documentation (the reason is that Redraw was moved internally to another module).

To fix it, you can use
Code:
from ngsolve import Draw, Redraw

I will update the documentation, thanks for pointing this out.

Best,
Matthias
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tele
More
3 years 6 months ago #3234 by Tele
Replied by Tele on topic ngsolve.solve Redraw not found
Hi Matthias,

thanks a lot for the quick answer :)
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds