Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

region Mask question

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #3204 by ddrake
region Mask question was created by ddrake
in Python, I can create and save a mesh with two regions like this:
Code:
geo = SplineGeometry() geo.AddRectangle((0,0), (2,2), bcs=["b","r","t","l"], leftdomain=1) geo.AddRectangle((1,0.9), (1.3,1.4), bcs=["b2","r2","t2","l2"], leftdomain=2, rightdomain=1) geo.SetMaterial (1, "outer") geo.SetMaterial (2, "inner") mesh = Mesh(geo.GenerateMesh(maxh=0.1)) mesh.ngmesh.Save("mesh2.vol")
Now I can load the mesh and get its materials and see that their masks are correct
Code:
mesh = Mesh("mesh2.vol") mesh.GetMaterials() >> ('outer', 'inner') print(mesh.Materials("inner").Mask()) >> 0: 01 # Correct print(mesh.Materials("outer").Mask()) >> 0: 10 # Correct
The Pybind bindings in python_comp_mesh.cpp are like this:
Code:
py::class_<MeshAccess, shared_ptr<MeshAccess>> mesh_access(m, "Mesh", ... .def("GetMaterials", [](const MeshAccess & ma) { return MakePyTuple(ma.GetMaterials(VOL)); }, "Return list of material names") .def("Materials", [](const shared_ptr<MeshAccess> & ma, string pattern) { return Region (ma, VOL, pattern); }, py::arg("pattern"), docu_string("Return mesh-region matching the given regex pattern")) py::class_<Region> (m, "Region", "a subset of volume or boundary elements") ... .def("Mask",[](Region & reg)->BitArray { return reg.Mask(); }, "BitArray mask of the region")

Now if I try to do the same in C++ that I did in Python
Code:
// ngscxx -c mask_test.cpp ; ngsld mask_test.o -lngcomp -lngcore -lmesh #include <solve.hpp> using namespace ngsolve; int main(int argc, char** argv) { auto ma = make_shared<MeshAccess>("mesh2.vol"); cout << ma->GetMaterials(VOL) << endl; // correctly prints: 0:outer 1:inner int nreg = ma->GetNRegions(VOL); cout nreg << endl; // correctly prints: 2 auto inner = Region(ma, VOL, "inner"); auto outer = Region(ma, VOL, "outer"); cout << inner.Mask() << endl;
// 0: 11 // Wrong!!!
Code:
cout << outer.Mask() << endl;
// 0: 11 // Wrong!!!
Code:
return 0; }
Some of our C++ code similiar to this example worked until an NGSolve update about a week ago (or maybe a month ago).

Best,
Dow
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by ddrake. Reason: clarification
More
3 years 6 months ago #3205 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic region Mask question
Hi Dow,

there is now a new Region - constructor with the third argument a bool.

The char* is converted to the bool and not to the string.

it works if you write:

auto inner = Region(ma, VOL, string("inner"));

That's a dangerous pitfall, think we should get rid of the new ctor.

Joachim
The following user(s) said Thank You: ddrake
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds