Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

SPSolid

More
3 years 7 months ago #3200 by LilBeng
SPSolid was created by LilBeng
Hi,

To create a Spline Surface object in __init__: base = SPSolid.
Code:
class SplineSurface(): """ A surface for co dim 2 integrals on the splines """ def AddPoint(self, x: float, y: float, z: float, hpref: bool = False) -> int: ... @typing.overload def AddSegment(self, pnt1: int, pnt2: int, bcname: str = 'default', maxh: float = -1.0) -> None: ... @typing.overload def AddSegment(self, pnt1: int, pnt2: int, pnt3: int, bcname: str = 'default', maxh: float = -1.0) -> None: ... def __init__(self, base: SPSolid, cuts: list = []) -> None: ... pass
I cannot find this object SPSolid in the netgen library.

Version:
NETGEN-6.2.2007-107-g2763285b
NGSolve-6.2.2008
More
3 years 6 months ago #3202 by mneunteufel
Replied by mneunteufel on topic SPSolid
Hi LilBeng,

in the NETGEN folder netgen/libsrc/csg/ you can find the definition/implementation of the SplineSurface class in splinesurface.hpp and splinesurface.cpp. In netgen/libsrc/csg/python_csg.cpp the class is exported to Python.

Best,
Michael
More
3 years 6 months ago #3203 by LilBeng
Replied by LilBeng on topic SPSolid
Thanks!

There is one more question. If I create a set of planes and add them to geometry, is there a way to combine them into a solid?
Code:
geometry = CSGeometry() ... for surface in [SplineSurfaces_1, ... , SplineSurfaces_n]: geometry.AddSplineSurface(surface) ...

I want to create a Solid of arbitrary shape from a set of surfaces. I hope for a quick answer.
More
3 years 6 months ago #3214 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic SPSolid
Hi,
I think the SplineSurface is not what you look for. It is a quite special application tool to get line segments in the csg 3d geometries.
If you want to create 2d spline surfaces and solids from it I would suggest you have a look at Opencascade. There you can create such surfaces and solids from it and you can use netgen to mesh them.

Best
Christopher
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds