Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

MPI-related grid function loading issue

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #3167 by philipp
Dear NGSolve developers,

I recently updated NGSolve to git revision baa43 and found that my older code
for loading a grid function from NGSolve's binary format doesn't work anymore.
Below is a minimal working example (the code files and binary function are attached):
Code:
from ngsolve import * import netgen.meshing from netgen.geom2d import unit_square # setup the mesh if mpi_world.rank == 0: ngmesh = Mesh("mesh_subsquare.vol").ngmesh ngmesh.Distribute(mpi_world) else: ngmesh = netgen.meshing.Mesh.Receive(mpi_world) ngmesh.SetGeometry(unit_square) mesh = Mesh(ngmesh) # load function gf = GridFunction(H1(mesh, order = 4)) gf.Load("ushape_smooth.ngs", parallel = True) VTKOutput(ma = mesh, coefs = [gf], names = ["ushape"], filename="ushape_" + str(mpi_world.rank)).Do()

At git revision 6f862 the vtk files show the right function (a phase field with the shape of a u,
somehow I cannot get the corresponding image attached).
At baa43, however, the result is

In non-MPI mode everything is still fine.
I couldn't find a hint in the documentation. Am I using something wrong?

All the best,
Philipp
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by philipp.
More
3 years 7 months ago #3170 by joachim
works again with the latest nightly ....
Joachim
The following user(s) said Thank You: philipp
More
3 years 7 months ago #3172 by philipp
Thanks a lot!

Best,
Philipp
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds