Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

TEAM 7 - Asymmetrical Conductor with a Hole

More
3 years 6 months ago #3166 by swiper
Hi there,

Im currently working on solving the TEAM 7 problem in NGSolve ( Compumag ).

That problem describes an aluminum plate with eccentrically placed hole. This plate is set asymmetrically inside a magnetic field which is produced by a coil. That coil is not perfectly cylindrically shaped. And that's where my problem is.

As of now I used:
Code:
CoefficientFunction((-y,x,0))

which results not the correct results for that geometry.

I also have access to a working solution in FEniCS. There the impressed current vector potential (T0) is created in a separate file saved to .xml and read again in the main code. I currently don't know if there is an equivalent method in NGSolve.

I read about BSpline and VoxelCoefficientFunctions, but I don't completely understand how to implement them as well as if they would be an appropriate approach to the solution.

TLDR: How can I correctly implement the impressed current vector potential for a not perfectly cylindrically shaped coil in NGSolve.

I attached the volume and my current code.

Any help is appreciated.

Best
Sebastian
More
3 years 4 months ago #3356 by creativeworker
Hello,

I'm somehow in the same situation. I tried to do the following: I solve the equation for voltage potential in a conducting part which can then be derived to the current density. See the screenshot in the attachement.
The problem hereby is that I have to cut the coil to impress a potential. This is not ideal for the magnetic field distribution.

Is there any other idea to impress a current in a plane to a solid coil with arbitrary shape?

Kind regards
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds