Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

a.Energy(gfu) - elementwise possible?

More
3 years 7 months ago #3155 by creativeworker
Hello,

is there a possibility to receive the energy of each element in an elegant way?
For the global energy, I know the a.Energy(gfu) function which is very handy.

Thanks in advance!
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #3158 by creativeworker
Update:

I built a workaround to get the Energy per Element.
My BilinearForm a is non-linear. How can I say at which point the ElementMatrices are built?
Code:
e_int_list = list() a.AssembleLinearization(gfu.vec) for el in fes.Elements(VOL): elmat = a.integrators[0].CalcElementMatrix (el.GetFE(), el.GetTrafo()) el_dofs = el.dofs u_el = np.array([gfu.vec[i] for i in el_dofs]) e = 0.5 * u_el.T@elmat.NumPy()@u_el e_int_list.append(e) elwise_vol = Integrate(CoefficientFunction(1),mesh,VOL, element_wise=True) W2 = sum(e_int_list) print('Energy sum Element energy: ', W2) fesL2 = L2(mesh, order=0) energy_gf = GridFunction(fesL2) vol_gf = GridFunction(fesL2) energy_gf.vec.FV().NumPy()[:] = np.array(e_int_list) vol_gf.vec.FV().NumPy()[:] = elwise_vol.NumPy() energy_cf1 = CoefficientFunction(energy_gf/vol_gf) W1 = Integrate(energy_cf1,mesh) print('Energy: 1*', W1)

Still the question: Is there any function to directly get the energy distribution as a CoefficientFunction?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by creativeworker.
More
3 years 7 months ago #3159 by joachim
Hi,

You can use
Code:
elwise_energy = Integrate(energy(gfu), mesh, VOL, element_wise=True)

It will provide a vector of dimension of number of elements, where every entry has the contribution of that element

An example is here:
ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/unit...vity/adaptivity.html

best,
Joachim
More
3 years 7 months ago #3164 by creativeworker
Hello,

thanks for your respond. My question was more into the direction whether there is a inbuilt CF "energy"?

Best
More
3 years 6 months ago #3169 by creativeworker
Hello,

some update from my side: I searched in the C++ Code and found the function "ApplyElementMatrix" or "ApplyLinearizedElementMatrix". I think this is exactly what I would need to call from Python.
Also the function "CalcLinearizedElementMatrix" would be neat to have access to.
More
3 years 6 months ago #3227 by creativeworker
Hi, may I ask for any comment of the developers about future integration of the showed functions? Or is there already a python interface to it which I didn't find?
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds