Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

mumps solver failed

More
3 years 8 months ago #3023 by lkogler
Replied by lkogler on topic mumps solver failed
Ah, I see. The problem here is that harmonic_extension and harmonix_extension_trans are local operators. They directly access the locally stored vector values. You can wrap a ParallelMatrix around them to make the code a little more elegant
Code:
hex = ParallelMatrix(harmonic_extension, row_pardods=..., col_pardofs=..., op_type=C2C) hext = ParallelMatrix(harmonic_extension_trans, row_pardods=..., col_pardofs=..., op_type=D2D)
Now "hex" is an operator that takes a cumulated vector as input and has a cumulated vector as an output. So, when you give it the distributed solution vector from ksp, it automatically cumulates it. You can also write down the entire operation as a single operator:
Code:
hex, hext, aiii = a.harmonic_extension, a.harmonic_extension_trans, a.inner_solve Id = IdentityMatrix(a.mat.height) if a.space.mesh.comm.size == 1: full_precond = ((Id + hex) @ precond @ (Id + hext)) + aiii else: Ihex = ParallelMatrix(Id + hex, row_pardofs = a.mat.row_pardofs, col_pardofs = a.mat.row_pardofs, op = ngs.ParallelMatrix.C2C) Ihext = ParallelMatrix(Id + hext, row_pardofs = self.a.mat.row_pardofs, col_pardofs = self.a.mat.row_pardofs, op = ngs.ParallelMatrix.D2D) Isolve = ParallelMatrix(aiii, row_pardofs = self.a.mat.row_pardofs, col_pardofs = self.a.mat.row_pardofs, op = ngs.ParallelMatrix.D2C) full_precond = ( Ihex @ precond @ Ihext ) + aiii
Then you can just write
Code:
gfu.vec.data = full_precond * f.vec

(Nothing wrong with your code, I just find this a little more neat)

I will have a look at the timings.

Best,
Lukas
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds