Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

interface integrals

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #444 by rhebergens
Hello,

I'm looking at solving a coupled Stokes-Darcy problem. I'm looking at implementing the interface condition and found this previous discussion about implementing this interface condition:

sourceforge.net/p/ngsolve/discussion/ngs...d/5bb706f6/?limit=25

Is this still the best way to implement an interface condition? Or would I be able to use something like:
Code:
def InterfaceBFI(term, **args): return SymbolicBFI(term.Compile(), BND, definedon=mesh.Boundaries("interface"), **args)

Based on the discussion in the link, this wouldn't have worked last year, but was wondering if there was any progress on this front.

Thanks,
Sander
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #446 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic interface integrals
Hi Sander,

I think it is not working by now, but we are not far away ...

(A) I would use a hybrid version, with an additional variable (approximating the state) on the interface. Either H1(definedonbound=...), or better FacetFESpace(definedonbound=..), what is currently missing. This does not need additional matrix entries (no dgjumps flag required).

(B) I would use skeleton-DG, on BND, for integration. We have to tweak it to evaluate on both sides of the interface. Have to think how we can add this, without breaking backward compatibility.

Christoph, Michael, what do you think ?

Joachim
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by joachim.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #453 by rhebergens
Replied by rhebergens on topic interface integrals
Hi Joachim,

Thanks. I was trying to extend some of the HDG work we've been doing for Stokes/Navier-Stokes to coupled problems, so I indeed have a function in the FacetFESpace. Currently I have a space
Code:
M = FacetFESpace(mesh, order = 2, dirichlet="wallM1", definedon=mesh.Materials("material1"))

and was trying to add an integral of u*v (with u and v both in M) on the interface between two materials. I wasn't sure if the integral is indeed being enforced correctly by the InterfaceBFI of my previous post. I'll try using your suggestion of introducing an additional variable in H1.

Thanks,
Sander
More
6 years 6 days ago #490 by Guosheng Fu
Replied by Guosheng Fu on topic interface integrals
Hi Sander,

Here is the (inefficient) implementation of Christoph's idea on (manually) treating the interface term for the HDG method discussed in
link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10915-018-0691-0

Best,
Guosheng
More
6 years 5 days ago #491 by rhebergens
Replied by rhebergens on topic interface integrals
Hi Guosheng,
Thanks for the code! I was indeed trying to implement the test case from section 4 from your paper using a slightly different discretization.
Sander
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds