Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Integral on only intefaces, not on boundary faces

More
3 years 11 months ago #2690 by dong
I tried to implement DG method for the following problem: Find (u_h,p_h)such that [tex]a_h(u_h, v_h) + b_h(v_h, p_h)-b_h(u_h, q_h)+ s_h(p_h, q_h)=\int_\Omega f\cdot v_h\,\forall v_h \in U_h, \forall q_h \in P_h,[/tex]
where [tex]s_h(q_h, r_h):=\sum\limits_{F\in \mathcal{F}^i_h}h_F\int_Fq_hr_h.[/tex]
I used sh*dx(skeleton=True) as in the tutorial to compute the integral on inteface of s_h, but there is a traceback call.

I also attached my .ipynb file. Could you please show me fixed this error or how to compute that integral on only interfaces?
Thank you so much.
More
3 years 11 months ago #2691 by mneunteufel
Hi dong,

you need to set the dgjumps flag for a DG formulation as described here
Code:
V = VectorH1(mesh,order=2, dirichlet ='left|right|top|bottom', dgjumps=True) Q = H1(mesh,order=1) X = FESpace([V,Q], dgjumps=True)

Then your code should run through.

Best
Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: dong
More
3 years 11 months ago #2692 by dong
Thank you for your help. The code run smoothly now.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds