Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Mesh non manifold shape - opencascade brep

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2620 by mgmskumara
I recently started to use Netgen for meshing. Thank you very much for making such a programme.

I want to made a non manifold shape. I have a blade shape with coating in .brep file format. Do any one have an experience to deal with non manifold shape. If Netgen is not support such type, can anyone tell me an other way to resolve this.
Here I have attached the shape and error that i'm getting.

Thank you,
Mahesh
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by mgmskumara.
More
3 years 11 months ago #2621 by christopher
Hi Mahesh,
Netgen expects every surface to be framed by a directed curve. Your geometry seems to define edges multiple times. But the brep attachment is missing.
Best
More
3 years 11 months ago #2622 by mgmskumara
Hi Christopher,
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I m sorry. I attached the brep file now.

Anyway the mentioned error comes because of a bug inside Netgen. I fixed that issue. Its related to open cascade. I have some experience with occ, so i fixed that issue.

Good news is Netgen has capability to mesh non manifold shapes.
I can submit my fix to the Github.
More
3 years 8 months ago #3074 by peter heppel
Hi Mahesh
It will be incredibly useful for structural analysis to be able to mesh non-manifold shapes. Where would I go to download a patch including your mod?
Thanks a lot
Peter
More
3 years 8 months ago #3077 by mgmskumara
I tried to submit, but i couldnt do that because i dont have much knowledge on github
please check these two

github.com/mgmskumara/netgen

fix is in this file
github.com/mgmskumara/netgen/blob/master/occgenmesh.cpp

github.com/mgmskumara/netgen/commit/afbf...6d7c8b76df4bd834d143

If you cant get resolve, please comment here
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #3087 by sxmeng
Hi Christopher,

I've a less related question but related to mesh... If I have a very complicated surface given by an implicit function, I guess I have to manually generate the mesh? or there is a simple function call that I may try.

Thank you,
Shixu
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by sxmeng.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds