Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Help with Example Electrostatics Model

More
4 years 1 week ago #2555 by mneunteufel
Hi jleman,

if I load the saved mesh in python via
Code:
mesh = Mesh('dome.vol')
all boundaries seem to be saved and loaded properly.

With
Code:
for v in mesh.vertices: print(v.point)
you get all mesh points.

If you solve the problem in NGSolve and assume your solution is saved in the GridFunction gfu then you can access data at a point p=(p_x, p_y, p_z) by
Code:
value = gfu(mesh(p_x,p_y,p_z))

If you have a CoefficientFunction Q representing the charge density you can get values on the surface by
Code:
value = Q(mesh(p_x,p_y,p_z, BND))
Of course the point must be a surface point on the mesh.

If you have the equations by hand I would recommend doing everything in NGSolve via Python.

Best
Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: jleman
More
1 year 6 months ago #4501 by Yash.sooriya
Hello mneunteufel,

I was wondering if you still have access to this dome.py file or you remember how to do this, as it would be very helpful for my current project. Thanks!
More
1 year 6 months ago #4504 by christopher
Hi,
This code snippet should solve this problem:
Code:
from netgen.occ import * from ngsolve import * air = Sphere((0,0,0), 1) air.faces.name = "air" ground = HalfSpace((0,0,0), (0,0,-1)) ground.faces.name = "ground" box = Box((-0.1,-0.1,-0.1), (0.1,0.1,0.1)) box.faces.name = "volt" box.faces.maxh = 0.02 domain = (air * ground) - box geo = OCCGeometry(domain) mesh = Mesh(geo.GenerateMesh(maxh=0.2)) mesh.Curve(3) Draw(mesh) fes = H1(mesh, order=3, dirichlet="ground|volt") u,v = fes.TnT() eps = 1 a = BilinearForm(fes) a += eps * grad(u) * grad(v) * dx u = GridFunction(fes) with TaskManager():     r = u.vec.CreateVector()     a.Assemble()     u.Set(1, definedon=mesh.Boundaries("volt"))     r.data = - a.mat * u.vec     u.vec.data += a.mat.Inverse(fes.FreeDofs()) * r     Draw(u, mesh, "potential")     Draw(-grad(u), mesh, "E")

Best
Christopher
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds