Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Partition mesh for VTKOutput

More
4 years 1 month ago #2382 by BenWilson94
Hello,

I am currently simulating an Eddy current problem consisting of a small conducting object in a large domain and I wish to export the solution using the VTKOutput function. Is there a way in which to 'partition' the mesh to use the Multi-block Inspector feature in ParaView, so that only the object and surrounding field lines can be seen?

Kind regards,

Ben
More
4 years 1 month ago #2383 by schruste
Dear Ben,

I have no experience with the multi-block inspector feature and wouldn't know where this feature needs to be put for the VTK-format.

But what you can do is, export a field that assumes different values on different objects, e.g. with DomainConstantCoefficientFunction, i.e. CoefficientFunction([1,2,3,4,5]) . Afterwards you can use ParaViews filters to select only certain objects...

Best,
Christoph
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenWilson94
More
4 years 1 month ago #2384 by BenWilson94
Dear Christoph,

That's excellent. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Ben
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds