Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Solving exterior scattering problem using DtN

More
4 years 3 months ago #2315 by sxmeng
Hello,

I am interested in solving a standard exterior acoustic scattering problem by truncating the whole domain to a bounded domain D, and using approximation (for example, using the first few spherical harmonics ) of the Dirichlet to Neumann map on the boundary of D.

How to define the bilinear form on the boundary of D in Netgen?

Best regards,
Shixu
More
4 years 2 months ago #2333 by christopher
Do you need neumann integrators at the boundary? Have you had a look at

ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/unit...holtz/helmholtz.html

it explains how to define first order absorbing bc.

Best
Christopher
The following user(s) said Thank You: sxmeng
More
4 years 1 month ago #2467 by sxmeng
Thank you Christopher for pointing out the first order approximation.

In general, I was trying implement the BFI (on the boundary) defined by:[tex](Tu,u).[/tex] We approximate this using [tex]u(x)=\sum_{j=1}^N u_j \phi_j(x), [/tex] and [tex](Tu)(x) = \sum_{j=1}^N i\beta_j u_j \phi_j(x).[/tex]

The BFI is equivalent to [tex]\sum_{j=1}^N i\beta_j |u_j|^2,[/tex] where [tex]u_j = (u,\phi_j).[/tex]
More
3 years 9 months ago #2950 by uzerbinati
Hi,

I don't know if this might be useful but I was trying to implement a collocation BEM scheme using NGSolve for a sound soft scattering problem. I think there might be some connection to your problem. I attach a Jupyter Notebook that still is a work in progress.

File Attachment:

File Name: BEM.ipynb
File Size:17 KB

Kind regards,
Umberto Zerbinati
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds