Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Spheroid Meshing Issue

More
4 years 3 months ago #2295 by BenWilson94
Hello,

I have produced a mesh for a spheroid with the attached .geo file, both using the GUI and from the command line using -batchmode. However, upon saving this as a .vol file (also attached) the geometry information is not contained at the bottom of the .vol file,
Code:
csgsurfaces 2 undef 0 undef 0

this, in turn, leads to a problem after loading the mesh with the following commands
Code:
ngmesh = ngmeshing.Mesh(dim=3) ngmesh.Load("Spheroid.vol") mesh = Mesh("Spheroid.vol")

and then attempting to use the command
Code:
mesh.Curve(5)

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
More
4 years 3 months ago #2296 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic Spheroid Meshing Issue
Hi Ben,

No, you are not doing something wrong. The Ellipsoid class in Netgen doesn't implement the functions Get/SetPrimitiveData(), which are needed to save the geometry in a mesh file.
I will let you know when this is fixed.

Best,
Matthias
More
4 years 3 months ago #2298 by BenWilson94
Replied by BenWilson94 on topic Spheroid Meshing Issue
Hi Matthias,

Thank you very much, that's excellent.

Kind regards,

Ben
More
More
4 years 3 months ago #2304 by BenWilson94
Replied by BenWilson94 on topic Spheroid Meshing Issue
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for doing that, I am struggling to use the nightly release, has it been included in this? Do you know when the next stable release with this included will be?

Thanks again for your help,

Ben
More
4 years 3 months ago #2305 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic Spheroid Meshing Issue
Hi Ben,

Yes, It's included in the nightly, which I advise to use in your case (we are running the same test suite for nightly builds and stable releases).
I don't know when the next version is going to be released.

Best,
Matthias
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds