Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Problem installing NGSolve with OCC on Debian 9

More
6 years 1 month ago #400 by CarlHolmberg
Hello!

I have been trying to install NGSolve on my computer, running Debian 9. When trying to build with OCC i get the following error:
[ 99%] Linking CXX executable netgen
libgui.so: undefined reference to `GeomAdaptor_Curve::NbIntervals(GeomAbs_Shape)'
libgui.so: undefined reference to `Adaptor3d_Surface::Delete()'
libgui.so: undefined reference to `TopLoc_SListOfItemLocation::Clear()'
libgui.so: undefined reference to `Adaptor3d_Curve::Delete()'
../libsrc/occ/libocc.so: undefined reference to `StlAPI_Writer::Write(TopoDS_Shape const&, char const*, bool)'
libgui.so: undefined reference to `GeomAdaptor_Curve::Intervals(TColStd_Array1OfReal&, GeomAbs_Shape)'
../libsrc/occ/libocc.so: undefined reference to `Geom_TrimmedCurve::Geom_TrimmedCurve(Handle_Geom_Curve const&, double, double, bool)'
libgui.so: undefined reference to `TopLoc_SListOfItemLocation::TopLoc_SListOfItemLocation(TopLoc_SListOfItemLocation const&)'
../libsrc/occ/libocc.so: undefined reference to `math_FunctionSet::Delete()'
../libsrc/occ/libocc.so: undefined reference to `Adaptor2d_Curve2d::Delete()'
../libsrc/occ/libocc.so: undefined reference to `math_FunctionWithDerivative::Delete()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ng/CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/build.make:178: recipe for target 'ng/netgen' failed
make[8]: *** [ng/netgen] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1890: recipe for target 'ng/CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all' failed
make[7]: *** [ng/CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[6]: *** [all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/build.make:115: recipe for target 'dependencies/src/netgen-stamp/netgen-build' failed
make[5]: *** [dependencies/src/netgen-stamp/netgen-build] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:104: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all' failed
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'dependencies/Stamp/netgen_project/netgen_project-build' failed
make[2]: *** [dependencies/Stamp/netgen_project/netgen_project-build] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:104: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:151: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have been able to build without OCC, and have sucessfully tested demos such as poisson and navierstokes using the netgen commando. However the installation fails the tests run when running

make test_ngsolve

I suspect that this can have something to do with running NGSolve modules using python3 instead of the netgen gui, but i am not sure about this.

I would be greatful for any help!
More
6 years 1 month ago #405 by cwinters
Hi,

to run "make test_ngsolve" successfully, you have to install "pytest" and "numpy" for python3.
So I would not worry about the tests.

Concerning your problems with OCC. I just installed a Debian 9 in a virtual machine and everything went fine.
I installed the "liboce-ocaf-dev" to have all occ functions available. Did you use the same library?

Best regards,
Christoph
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #430 by CarlHolmberg
I did a complete purge of OCC (i had a previous installation which conflicted with the installation of liboce-ocaf-dev) and this fixed the issue. Thank you for your help, and sorry for the late response!
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds