Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

installing ngsolve on anacoda notebook and working on juoyter nootebook

More
3 years 11 months ago #2789 by ankita
Here are the instructions I followed to install it:
On anaconda prompt:
conda config --add channels conda-forge
conda config --add channels ngsolve
conda install ngsolve
then I followed instructions as mentioned in ngsolve.org/docu/latest/install/usejupyter.html
an opened poisson.ipynb.
But it keeps showing ImportError : DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
Do I need to install poission.ipynb file in a specific location?

Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere or please provide step by step detailed procedure to download and make ngsolve work on Jupiter notebook. [attachment=undefined]c1.png[/attachment]
Thanks in advance.
More
3 years 11 months ago #2790 by christopher
With conda i'd suggest to use conda to install jupyter as well.
Code:
conda install jupyter
instead of the pip install.
Is it possible that you have another Python installation on your computer that is found instead of the anaconda one?
More
3 years 11 months ago #2794 by ankita
what is another python installation? I have only anaconda navigator installed in my system in which I use only jupyter notebooks to run python. There in no other python ide installed.
I tried with the command that you mentioned, but still the error persists. Any other way to make this work?
More
3 years 11 months ago #2795 by christopher
Can you try installing ngsolve in a dedicated environment?
docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/navigator/getting-started/
Here is a guide on how to do this using anaconda navigator.
Maybe you have conflicting packages that could not be resolved in your base environment.
Best
Christopher
More
3 years 10 months ago #2805 by ankita
Thanks Sir.
It worked.
Now, the codes are getting executed without error but the draw(mesh) method is not displaying any plot or figures for any functions. Why it could be so?
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #2806 by dong
Maybe you run the .ipynb file. If so, please try to convert it to a .py file, and run it.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by dong.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds