Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

python can't find xfem

More
4 years 1 week ago #2496 by JSR
python can't find xfem was created by JSR
Hello,

I'm trying to install ngsxfem using Windows Subsystem for Linux running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I didn't encounter any errors during the installation, but when I try to use it I get "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xfem'"

Did I perhaps install it in the wrong place? I set my INSTLOCATION to /usr/bin and it didn't complain, but I don't actually know if that's right.

Any advice would be appreciated.
More
4 years 1 week ago #2497 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic python can't find xfem
Hi,

I am not an expert on the Windows Subsystem for Linux, but we had problems before with "/usr/bin" as INSTLOCATION. I guess "/usr" should work, although a purely local installation is typically prefered. Can't you check where the installation ended up (In doubt simply search for the "xfem"-directory.

Hope this brings you further, best,
Christoph
More
4 years 1 week ago #2498 by JSR
Replied by JSR on topic python can't find xfem
Using '/usr' seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks for the help.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds